Set your practice up for success with our eBook. Discover how to improve patient experience and boost revenue.Download eBook
Dental4Windows i6 Update – What’s new & how to update
Dental4Windows has a version major upgrade approximately every 2 years to coincide with Sybase (SAP) upgrades, now we’re excited to release Dental4Windows i6.
Sybase (SAP) is Dental4Windows i5 database engine, currently, it’s on Sybase ASA16. Sybase has ended the life of Sybase 16 and we must upgrade to Sybase 17 to stay current with latest features, performance and security features.
These are just some of the new features that are available with Dental4Windows i6 – Build 4841:
- Tyro eSystem – Rebate Estimate
- D4W Marketing – Add additional templates – Reactivation email
- D4W Marketing – separate email and printing channels
- Active Ingredient Prescribing (AIP) – new medicare legislation
- Enhanced Financial Recording – TimeZones for multiple location databases
- eClaims for Abu Dhabi
- Invoice Manual Allocation for UAE to Support eClaims
Sybase (SAP) Upgrade
SQL Anywhere 17.0 introduces many new features and changes across the software in the areas of programming interfaces, security, performance, SQL support, catalogue changes, and administration tools:
- In-Memory Database: run advanced analytics alongside high-speed transactions and get accurate, up-to-date responses in a fraction of a second
- Support for digital client certificates (also called passports) and NCSLib logging
- Internationalization features, including database time zones, and TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE data type
- Database isolation
- User locks
- Indirect identifiers and table reference values
- Enhanced auditing
- Online rebuild
- Point-in-time recovery
- In-memory database validation
- Broad support for programming tools, including Node.js runtime environment
- Offline OData
- Supported Platforms for Deployment Android & Windows Phone
Why it is so important that Dental4Windows upgrades to SAP/SYBASE ASA17?
The End Of Life (meaning no more upgrades) for SQL Anywhere v16 was December 31, 2018.
Now SAP remains committed to supporting the in-market versions of SQL Anywhere (currently v17) through the delivery of updates.
How to upgrade?
There is two upgrade tracks, which differ if you’re on a support & upgrades contract.
Active Support & Upgrades Contract
Dental4Windows users on a Support & Upgrades contract can update now – click here
Non Support & Upgrades
Don’t have a Support contract?
Click here and a member of our friendly team will get in touch with you.
Dental4windows Update: What's New & How to Upgrade - January...
Dental4Windows has a version major upgrade approximately every 2 years...