4 Key Time-Saving Features in Dental Practice Software
Digital technology has been identified as a prime driver for business success, not least because of the substantial time savings it offers in work practices. State-of-the-art digital dental practice management software in Australia comes with many time-saving features that can substantially improve practice efficiency, customer service, productivity and profitability.
These range from appointment management and communication facilities, to streamlined management of treatment plans. Here are four time-saving features to look for in dental practice management software.
1. Online treatment plans. Save time by accessing a patient’s previous and current treatment plans, all kept up-to-date and in the one place. Detailed notes can be entered and retrieved immediately, including treatment details, dates, and fees charged.Available with D4W Cloud
2. 3D clinical skull charting. Similar to dental digital x ray systems, this records the condition of a patient’s teeth, mouth, tongue, and cheeks, and the chart can be extensively notated with ease. Patients can clearly see treatment plans, and the ability to send notated images to specialists saves time and is more efficient.
3. eAppointments. An online booking portal allows clients to make appointments and saves time for front desk personnel. People today like to use their mobile phones, and this application allows them to make appointments during or after business hours. Reception staff can review appointments made and communicate with clients via an in-built email function, or confirm appointments via phone with contact details readily to hand.
4. Administrative functions. A dental practice management system should incorporate administrative functions that offer additional productivity improvements and time savings. Such functions include:
- Debtor management and insurance processing, including Hicaps.
- Document processing including word processing, image handling, templates, and facilities for customer documents.
- Report processing with date range, individual client or service provider.
- Finally, the other key feature to look for in dental practice management software is training, Advanced technology cannot be implemented without staff training, which demands time away from day-to-day routines in order to be effective. Software will only yield the optimum time savings once it has been mastered and new work routines have been implemented. The software provider must ensure the dental practice benefits from productivity improvements and time savings as quickly as possible with appropriate training.
Software solutions can offer many benefits to the modern dental practice, and is well worth investigating for saving time and streamlining daily operations, improving customer service and driving the practice forward.